BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Conferencer Smonference

I am 2 days into a conference where I am supposed to be getting an ed-ji-mi-ca-tion. And I am, but not in the things I am supposed to. Two days and here are 10 things I have learned:



1. do not... I repeat DO NOT give a crazy person a microphone and an audience of over 1000 people

2. you may want to screen your keynote speakers before you give them six hours of classes

3. no matter how much someone busts their behind to create a cohesive presentation for a group of 9 very different women to present, someone will criticize your hard work

4. eastern idaho's mall is a pitiful specimen

5. keep your reciepts

6. you can always glean one item from any presentation if you go in with a positive attitude and a (very) open mind

7. one friendly person can make any situation bearable

8. puppies can brighten any day

9. a few deep, mediative breaths and a quiet room can repair a damaged spirit

10. hard work pays off.... $20,000 is our precise amount!!!!



Explanation:

here is beginning of the short, editted version. last year, a group of us were asked by the school to help implement this program called SIOP. we did and a year later, we were recogined by the State Board of Education as a school of excellence. We were invited to come to this conference (the one I am currently at the hotel for) and present our grant and SIOP and how we addressed Title 1 concerns and all that sha-bang. I love conferences, they have been such a wonderful way for me in the past to rejuvinate and re-evaluate myself. This one has not been the shining example of "wonderfulness" I would have hoped. Our first presenter was an author who told amazing stories and was very inspirational. So i went to his class and the 3 hours there were a perpexing maze of the odd and odder with sanity sprinkled through. This was the beginning of an interesting experience.
TBC... (dum dum dum.....!!!)

0 comments: