BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Feb Reading

So it only took me a month, but I finished The Robe by Lloyd C Douglas. I really enjoyed it. It was published in 1942 and tells the family Christian story of the crusifiction (sp?) of Christ in a totally different context. It was from the perspective of a Roman Tribune who was in the group of soldiers who crucifies Christ. Very compelling stuff, but the language is difficult. It took me a solid month to read it... I'd read more of Douglas' work.

Now I'm reading Jeanne Williams The Island Harp. I'm not as much in love with it.

I'm also reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins and Blindness by Jose Saramago. I hate being in the middle of so many but...
1. Blindness is my book-on-ipod for when I cannot physically read (like while I'm cooking *giggles*- I don't cook)
2. Island Harp is my hard bound- carry it around- read when ever I can book
3. and The Moonstone is emailed to me every day section by section so i can read it whilst "checking my email". (Check out daily lit- you can get books emailed to you. I also get the Book of Mormon emailed to me so I get a dose of that when I need or want it, but find it hard to pack my scriptures with me- I love this website)

So ta da- my currentbook situation, which is always foremost on my mental list for the day

ps- the next Garth Nix (superior saturday) is on my kitchen table for whenever I finish the Island Harp. My motivation to finish Island Harp (btw- its a book club book) is not incurring late fees of Superior Saturday.

3 comments:

Lady said...

i have only read one garth nix book so far, but i seriously enjoyed it. i can't wait to read more... unfortunately, my eyes are bigger than my stomach or whatever... and i have a whole shelf of unread books waiting for me already. i can never get to everything i want to read!

Lady said...

this dailylit thing is frickin awesome!
thank you!

Brian C said...

hey bettah. so i got home from idaho and finished the dark rising sequence, then zoomed through Nix's key's of the kingdom, just to find out that Lord Sunday isn't out yet! Grrr. I'm working on the Leven Thumps now. I love the book list you gave me. It's a lot easier to find books when I'm at the library with daphne. she hates it when I stop to peruse the big kids sections.